Some months ago I wrote a post on what I had done so far publishing-wise, and to this day it hasn't change much, so it is a nice read if you want to know how 2013 was for me. I made a couple of sales to add to that post, though: one of them to issue 14 of Innsmouth Magazine which is already out, gorgeously printed (or as an ebook).
|Wings Issue cover|
2013 was a nice year and, hopefully, 2014 will be better. Here's what's coming:
- Sold "Squirrels", a piece of flash fiction, to Goldfish Grimm so you'll be able to read it soon. It's about squirrels, you know.
- Sword & Mythos will be out in spring. Guess whose short story is blurbed in the back cover? Hint: is that lazy Mexican writer.
|Sword & Mythos cover|
- Hopefully we'll manage to get an editor to finally release El escaque y otros trebejos, an interactive ebook in Spanish coded by my bf and illustrated by one of our friends. We finished the final draft a couple of years ago, but I'm not quite happy with all the words I made up and I think we need an editor to help me kill my darlings. Let's see.
- It seems that 2 different versions of the same short story will be published in 2 different anthologies: one Mexican and the other German. But nothing is certain yet since both are non-paying markets and no contracts have been signed. I've already worked with the German translator and the outcome was pretty cool according to a friend who've already read the translation.
- Mexican SF writers Alberto Chimal and Raquel Castro have started a census-like site which will gather bio-bibliography info about the Mexicans that are writing speculative fiction. It's a great project and I'm thrilled they asked me to be part of it.
|Because we call it "literatura de imaginación"|
- I plotted a YA novel for NaNoWriMo but didn't manage to write more than a couple of lousy chapters. It's about Titan and cyborgs! I need to write that till my fingers bleed.
- I'm also working on something experimental which I doubt someone would buy, so I'll self-publish it as soon as it's done and revised and edited and revised again and rewritten. I'm really exited about it so I'm hoping it'll be something you like as much as I'm liking the process of getting it done and not saying a word on what it is about :p.
Thanks for reading. See you next year (with more posts, I swear).